Welcome to the Website of the Provincial Grand Lodge of Forfarshire

The Province

The Province of Forfarshire covers all the Lodge in the City of Dundee (which includes the suburbs of Broughty Ferry, Lochee and Downfield), the Angus Towns of Monifieth, Carnoustie, Arbroath, Montrose, Brechin, Froickheim, Forfar. Kirriemuir, also the villages of Glamis and un in beautifulf Glenesk - Tarfside.

The Provincial of Forfarshire was first erected in 1797 when Bro George Paterson of Castle Huntly was appointed as the first Provincial Grand Master. The Present Provincial Grand Master is Bro Alexander S. Christie, who was appointed in 2010.

The Provincial Grand Lodge, as a formal lodge in iteself to support the Provincial Grand Master, with a Depute, Substitute, Secretary and Chaplain was not formed until 1815.

The years from 1797 to 1815 being just a Province under the supervision of one man - the Provincial Grand Master.

Main Navigation

PGL Logo
Dundee Crest
Pictish Symbol
Glemlaw
Events
History
2014 Golf Winners

 

Return to Top

The Grand Lodge of Scotland Website.

Formed in 1736 theGrand Lodge of Scotland is the governing body for all Freemasonry in Scotland.

The Provincial Grand Royal Arch Chapter of Angus and Mearns

Formed in 1861 the Provincial Grand Royal Arch Chapter for Angus and Mearns is the governing body for Royal Arch Masonry in this area.

FDCA Logo

Website of the Friends of Dundee City Archives

 

Links to other Websites.

scottish flagsquare & compasses

DesignIDM